Monday 3 June 2013

[Enter Post Title Here]



It really pisses me off big time but I have known some female member in my extended family who shall remained unnamed, who want to forge their identity in relation to either their spouse or father or brother. It isn’t as if they have been devoid of opportunities in life, it is just that they are dumb enough not to grasp it. Whose footsteps are they following? Their mother and grandmother? At least they could be excused for being the product of their time. But what excuse these lotus eaters have? Except that the allure of the proud badge of domestic drudgery is too irresistible to let go? If I come across a bit too harsh, then I can’t help it for what is not being appreciated is that any hint of defiance and determination to break out and create your own place under the sun is one more nail in the coffin of paternalistic and patriarchal ethos in this country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...