Friday 10 August 2018

#218

Yesterday, I wrote on Twitter that sometimes, I get the feeling that in my lifetime, I'm not going to see, let alone the end, not even decline of the political dominance of Modi-Shah's BJP in India.  I think it did touch a chord with quite a few people somewhere.  Because in the space ten minutes, a lot of people liked and also retweeted my tweet.  Some also replied to me saying that I am exactly echoing their own sentiment on this.  The prominent supreme court lawyer Mr. Sanjay Hegde, who occasionally appears on TV debates on NDTV, and with whom I am on very good terms on Twitter (we both follow each other), responded by saying that 'the night is at its darkest just before dawn, may your life be long, and their reign short.'  I thought that was quite interesting.  Anyway, it felt good that one of my considered views gained some traction on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...