Tuesday 13 March 2018

#195

A very prominent lady who comes from my state, and is a frequent guest on government friendly news networks; she is basically an insufferable holier-than-though when it comes to defending PM Modi.  So, she tweeted about the meeting in New Delhi between French President Emmanuel Macron and Prime Minister Modi, describing it as coming together of two great 'liberal minds'.  I nearly did a double take!  I can understand Mr. Macron being a liberal, I mean the man married his high school teacher who is 20 years senior to him.  But Mr. Modi is no one's idea of being a liberal unless you have been lobotomized.  So, I replied that if Mr. Modi is a liberal, then you are also Madonna!!

1 comment:

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...