Sunday 9 July 2017

Mr. Swapan Dasgupta has been blessed with the fancy education of St. Stephen's in New Delhi and Oxford University in the UK. So he can coach his Modi bhakti, and shameless rationalization of the inherent bigotry of BJP/RSS in a sophisticated prose and posh accent. Compared to him, I am just an uneducated imbecile, even though I firmly believe in the constitutional values and secular ethos of this ancient land. And unlike him, I am so dense in my head that I don't realize that all those decent citizens who protested the other day against the rising incidence of public lynching of Muslims and Dalits in India are Ivory Tower intellectuals and anti-nationals. They are ''rootless cosmopolitans'', as he put it. By the way, the same ''rootless cosmopolitans'' was used to describe the Jews in Nazi Germany once upon a time. So, there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...