Monday 7 March 2016

The only saving grace in Justice Pratibha Rani's judgment was that Kanhayia Kumar was granted bail.  Other than that, it was an awful judgment, badly worded and full of moralizing sermon on patriotism and nationalism.  I mean, for the life of me, I cannot understand why our judges can't stick to the facts of the case and see that the basic individual rights and provisions in the Constitution are not being violated.  Must they get on a high horse and start offering gratuitous lecture as to how or what a patriotic person should be like?  Whether it's me or Kanhayia or anyone else for that matter, nobody needs a certificate on patriotism from anybody.  Everyone is a patriot in his or her own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...