Tuesday 15 September 2015

Usually, I follow politics at very superficial level, British politics even more so.  The other day I was watching the BBC when they were anointing Jeremy Corbyn as the leader of the opposition labor party after a tumultuous few months.  Now there was something about his pleasing personality that did ring a bell.  And then the realization dawned on me, and I was convinced in my mind that when my affable brother in law Mike Deleo gets to the age of 65 and beyond, he will resemble very much Jeremy Corbyn!  And the more I saw, the more I thought that Mike will not just look like him in the old age, I don't know whether it was my imagination, but I also discovered some commonality of traits.  The same tall and lanky frame, the relaxed and graceful movement not to mention the amiable demeanor that could be engaged and detached at the same time.  It was quite uncanny really.  If you happen to be reading this Mikey, please don't mind man because I am saying this entirely as a compliment.  As far as I am concerned, it could never be otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...