Tuesday 19 September 2017

This image of a dead baby of a grieving Rohingya woman.  The horrible grief encapsulated in this picture by Reuters has really caused a lot of mental anguish to my sister Deepti Deleo who lives and works in New York. So much so that she was telling me, she was not able to either eat or concentrate on her job for the whole day.  Being a young mother herself, she was sickened in the gut.  So, she immediately contributed $100 to some charitable organization working there to minimize the sufferings of those people as much as possible.  She told me, she would be giving more.  By the way, she did not want me to publicize this.  I am doing it on my own.  I am proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...