Thursday 25 May 2017

Following is a list of my 10 favorite Indians whom I greatly admire and respect.  This list is my no means exhaustive, and because I was pretty sure that it would contain not more than 10 people, I had to omit some worthy contender.  My one and only criterion were that those people should be picking and choosing their battles residing in India and not in some fancy city in the West.  I owe a debt of gratitude to them for I have benefited immensely from their knowledge and wisdom over the years.  So, here goes, in no particular order...
1. Mukul Kesvan  2. Arundhati Roy  3. Ramchandra Guha  4. Pratap Bhanu Mehta  5. Asish Nandy  6. Shiv Vishvanathan  7. Aparna Sen  8. Arun Shourie  9. Shashi Tharoor  10. Yogendra Yadav

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...