Thursday 4 December 2014

Since Indian television sucks most of the time because of the low brow soaps with regressive plotline and shocking aesthetics, not to mention the news channels that are behaving like lynch mob in order to garner maximum eyeballs.  I now devote a considerable part of my nightly prime time to music.  To me listening to quality music is not just a pastime but a rather spiritual experience.  When I shut off my eyes and let the melody and rhythm wash over me, the effect is therapeutic to say the least.  Hindustani music is in my blood and bones but I have also acquired a taste for English music and Jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...