Saturday 1 December 2012

'Feelin kinda blue'


Music is food for the soul. But for me it has always been much more than that. It has the power to touch at the very core of who I am as a person, as a human being. Anything would catch my fancy depending on the mood that has taken over me. It could be film music, western music life country music or jazz, also ghazals, so you can say it is hard to know what will float my boat. Once I listened to ‘Pink Floyd’ and it just grabbed me by the throat I was mesmerized and transported  into a different zone. It was like you shut your eyes and there is a huge reddish ball of fire, something deep within you is stirring   , I don’t know kind of been there done that kind of thing. The thing about great work of art or music is that they guide you on well charted territory and yet you get the feeling that you are mining your own emotion and you are discovering yourself for the first time. Same thing with Sinatra and Dylan. I feel this is me, an outsider looking in like a character from Sartre’s novel. Cruising on a highway to hell with breakneck speed and then the mind plays another trick and it is hot and sticky and I am standing by my window on an upper floor and smoking and looking down on the march of humanity below. Oh what a beauty, it is so bloody unfair and I am in awe of her, what confidence and sangfroid, and then there is Miles Davis playing in the background and residue shaving foam on my face. What could have been, would have been, should have been, might have been, all these and more stream of consciousness sucking me in a whirlpool where I am mapping the terrain of desire and having a glimpse of my Camelot and Shangri la. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#241

As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat.  So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...