I like to read prose and literature in English. But when it comes to poetry, the language of choice is Hindustani, that is, a seamless mingling of Hindi and Urdu. When I came upon the works of Dushyant Kumar (1933-1975), it really shook me up and spoke to me on so many levels. The smoldering fire of his poetry is camouflaged by a strange tenderness which is almost like a longing. Looking forward to this one.
Tuesday, 5 September 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
#241
As they say, one should be gracious in victory and generous in defeat. So, let me be generous enough in admitting that this sledgehammer o...
-
People ask you, how are you and you say I'm fine. But really, that's just a formal answer in a polite society. What is exactly fi...
-
A scandalous financial skullduggery takes place more than two decades ago. It takes 10 years to frame charges. A further 10 years of mean...
-
I know for a fact that in India, people make too much fuss about your capacity to be an emotionally balanced human being if you have been ...

No comments:
Post a Comment